Braised forequarter chops with cannellini beans and pesto
4 x 225g Lamb forequarter chops, trimmed
2 tbsp Plain flour
1 ½ tbsp Olive oil
1 Onion, sliced
2 Cloves garlic, sliced
350ml Chicken stock
420g Tin cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
2 tbsp Fresh pesto
½ cup Fresh coarse breadcrumbs
Green salad and lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 170ºc. Dust the chops in the plain flour and shake to remove any excess.
- Place a large frying pan over a high heat. Pan fry the chops in the oil in 2 batches, for 3 minutes on each side or until nicely browned. Transfer them to a large casserole dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the onion to the frying pan and stir for a minute. Add the garlic and stir until fragrant. Pour in the wine and stock and allow it to come to the boil. Scrape the bottom of the pan then pour over the chops.
- Cover with a lid and bake for 1 hour. Add the cannellini beans, replace the lid and cook for a further 15 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Increase the oven to 200ºc. Mix the pesto and breadcrumbs together and sprinkle over the top. Bake uncovered for a further 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with a green salad and some lemon wedges.