- Home page
- Looking for Aussome recipes?
- For fitness fanatics
- Rump steak with baked pumpkin and feta
Rump steak with baked pumpkin and feta
600g Rump steak
800g Pumpkin, cut into large chunks
1 Red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
1½ tbsp Olive oil
100g Feta cheese
3 tsp Balsamic vinegar
3 tsp Toasted pine nuts
Dressed rocket leaves, to serve
- Preheat a frying pan or chargrill to moderately hot. Rub the meat with some olive oil and season well with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes, covering loosely with foil.
- Slice the meat and serve with the baked pumpkin and some dressed rocket leaves.
- To make the baked pumpkin: Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the pumpkin and onion into a large roasting tray and toss with the oil. Season with pepper and bake at 180°C for 30 minutes or until soft. Crumble the cheese and vinegar on top and bake for a further 20 minutes or until the cheese and vegetables are nicely coloured. Sprinkle with the pine nuts.
- Leftovers: Any leftovers can be chopped into smaller pieces and gently tossed with some salad leaves for a nutritious salad.
- There is need to peel the pumpkin, and the skin provides a great source of fibre.
- Try using sweet potato or parsnip as a pumpkin alternative.