- Home page
- Looking for Aussome recipes?
- Family meals comes first
- Portuguese minced lamb with white beans
Portuguese minced lamb with white beans
750g Lamb mince
2 tbsp Olive oil
1 Large brown onion, finely chopped
200g Swiss brown mushroom, quartered
2 tbsp Ground cumin
2 tsp Smoked paprika
2 tsp Chilli flakes (optional)
2 heaped tbsp Tomato paste
2 Long red chillies (optional), thinly sliced
1½ tbsp Brown sugar
400g can Diced tomatoes
400g can White beans, drained, rinsed
2 tbsp Coriander, finely chopped, plus extra leaves, to serve
Steamed white rice & snake beans, to serve
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan. Add onion, mushrooms and spices. Cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until onions and mushrooms have softened.
- Grumble in lamb mince and cook, breaking up the mince with a wooden spoon, for 7 minutes or until mince is browned. Stir in paste, chillies, sugar, tomatoes and 125ml (½ cup) water. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes or until lamb mixture has thickened slightly. Stir in beans and coriander. Season to taste.
- To serve, divide steamed rice and sneak beans among four plates. Top with chilli lamb and scatter with extra coriander leaves.
- If you like, substitute chilli with red capsicum and Swiss brown mushrooms with button mushrooms.
- This is a great snack for kids. Served the next day cold, rolled up in flat bread with chopped tomatoes and lettuce.