- Home page
- Looking for Aussome recipes?
- Spectacular salads
- Minced beef larb with roasted rice
Minced beef larb with roasted rice
500g Lean minced beef
2 tbsp Roasted rice*, coarsely ground
1 small Red onion, finely sliced
1 cup Mint leaves
1 cup Coriander leaves
1 Long red chilli, sliced
2 Lime leaves, very finely shredded
2 tbsp Lime juice
1 tbsp Fish sauce
2 tsp Sugar
Baby cos leaves, prawn crackers and lime wedges, to serve
- Place a large wok or frying pan over a high heat. Cook half of the beef in a small amount of vegetable oil in for 3 minutes or until lightly coloured, breaking it up as it cooks. Repeat with the remaining beef. Tip into a large mixing bowl and allow to cool slightly.
- Add the ground rice and remaining ingredients and stir well. Place onto a platter and serve with cos leaves and lime wedges.
- You can adjust the flavours (hot, sour, salty and sweet) to taste, by using more or less chilli, lime juice, fish sauce and sugar.
- For a more filling meal, try serving with steamed Jasmine rice.