- Home page
- Looking for Aussome recipes?
- Family meals comes first
- Massaman beef curry by Jeremy Strode
Massaman beef curry by Jeremy Strode
800 g boneless beef shin, trimmed and cut into 2cm cubes
3 tbsp massaman curry paste
2 tbsp vegetable oil
400 ml coconut cream
400 ml chicken stock
1 tbsp garam marsala
2 bay leaves
3 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp tamarind concentrate or lime juice
2 tbsp fish sauce
3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 3cm pieces
0.5 cup unsalted roasted peanuts
- Place the beef in a bowl and coat well with curry paste. Heat the oil in a heavy based saucepan and brown the beef on all sides in batches.
- Return all of the beef shin to the pan. Add all the remaining ingredients, except for potatoes and peanuts, and bring to a simmer.
- After cooking for two hours, add potatoes and cook for a further 20 minutes or until the beef and potatoes are tender. Stir through peanuts and serve with steamed rice.