- Home page
- Looking for Aussome recipes?
- Kiddie friendly
- Lamb, spinach & feta pies
Lamb, spinach & feta pies
600g Lean lamb mince
200g Feta, crumbled
1 cup Coarsely chopped baby spinach
¼ cup Finely chopped mint
¼ teaspoon Cracked black pepper
3 Sheets ready rolled puff pastry
1 Egg, beaten
- Preheat fan forced* oven to 180°C. Line baking tray with paper.
- Combine lamb, feta, spinach, mint and pepper.
- Cut pastry sheets into 4 squares 120mmx 120mm.
- Divide lamb mixture into 12 portions. Roll each portion into an oblong shape. Place one portion of lamb diagonally across pastry square and flatten slightly.
- Fold 2 opposite corners over lamb leaving ends open (envelope style). Repeat with remaining lamb and pastry.
- Brush pastries lightly with egg. Place on prepared tray and bake for 15 – 20 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
- *if using a conventional oven, you may need to increase temperature or allow additional cooking time.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with crisp green salad and tomato chutney.