- Home page
- Looking for Aussome recipes?
- Build your own burger
- Gourmet beef burgers with blue cheese
Gourmet beef burgers with blue cheese
400 g lean beef mince
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 slices thick white Italian-style bread, crusts removed
0.33 cup milk
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
finely grated rind and juice of a lemon
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
chopped fresh basil
char-grilled slices of Italian bread, rocket leaves, roasted capsicum to serve
150 g wedge blue cheese
- Place the beef mince, garlic, and a little salt and pepper in a large bowl. Tear bread into small pieces, place in a small bowl, and pour over the milk and olive oil. Set aside it for a few minutes or until bread absorbs most of the liquid. Mix with a fork.
- Add the bread mixture, lemon rind and juice, Parmesan, chopped basil, to the beef, using your hand bring the mixture together and knead until combined.
- Shape the mixture into four burgers. Lightly brush the burgers with oil. Preheat the barbecue or pan to moderately high. Add burgers to the barbecue or pan, lower the heat to moderate.
- Cook for 6-7 minutes each side or until thoroughly cooked. Turn them once only. Serve burgers on char-grilled Italian bread that is topped with rocket and roasted capsicum. Dollop each burger with a slice of blue cheese.
- Serving suggestion: Serve burgers on char-grilled Italian bread that is topped with rocket and roasted capsicum.
- Burgers should always be thoroughly cooked. Burgers should not be served rare or pink. A good guide is to insert a skewer into the thickest part; if it is ready to eat the juices will be clear.