250 g beef mince
1 medium carrot, grated
1 tbsp chopped parsley
0.25 cup dried breadcrumbs
2 tsp tomato sauce
1 ready rolled sheet puff pastry
1 egg beaten
1 tsp sesame seeds
1 foil pie dish, 140mm diameter
- Preheat fan forced* oven to 200°C.
- Combine beef, carrot, parsley, breadcrumbs and tomato sauce. Spray foil pie dish lightly with oil.
- Cut sheet of pastry in half. Place 2 rectangles of pastry side by side with short edges slightly overlapping, to form a long rectangle 120mm x 480mm.
- Roll beef into a long sausage 20mm diameter, place along long edge of pastry and roll carefully to fully enclose filling.
- Beginning at one end, gently roll pastry to form a spiral. Place in prepared foil pie dish. Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake twister, in foil pie dish, on baking tray for 25 30 minutes until pastry is golden brown and filling cooked through.
- Recipe note: *if using a conventional oven, you may need to increase temperature or allow additional cooking time.
- Serve with extra tomato sauce.