Beef schnitzel sandwich
4 Sizzle or minute steaks
1/3 cup Fine polenta meal
2 Eggs, lightly whisked
1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
1 tbsp Finely chopped parsley leaves
2 tbsp Olive oil
2 Oxheart tomatoes, sliced
2 cups Watercress sprigs, soaked in cold water
1 cup Sauerkraut
2 tbsp Whole egg mayonnaise
to serve Chilli jam
4 Square ciabatta rolls, split, toasted
- Pour polenta onto a large plate. Place whisked eggs in a medium bowl and panko crumbs on a large plate with parsley and seasoning. Dip minute steaks into polenta, then beaten egg, then panko crumb mixture.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat, add oil then cook schnitzels for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Rest then slice in half.
- Assemble rolls with mayo, chilli jam, tomato, watercress, kraut and schnitzel. Serve immediately.
- Kraut and Kimchi are fermented/pickled vegetables. They are delicious, tangy and great for you. Keep some in the fridge and add a little bit to your rice, sandwiches and salads.
- You can freeze extra crumbed schnitzels, just place in a ziplock bag as flat as possible and separate with pieces of baking paper.