- Home page
- Looking for Aussome recipes?
- Build your own burger
- Beef burgers with a topping of avocado, sweet chilli sauce and toasted pine nuts
Beef burgers with a topping of avocado, sweet chilli sauce and toasted pine nuts
500 g beef mince
2 tbsp water
1/4 cup tomato sauce
2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
halved crusty rolls, lettuce leaves, sliced tomato, sweet chilli sauce, diced avocado, toasted pine nuts
- Combine the beef mince, water, tomato sauce and parsley. Mix lightly and shape into 4 burgers.
- Preheat the barbecue flat-plate or pan to moderately-high. Lightly brush or spray the burgers with oil. Add burgers to the barbecue or pan, after 1 to 2 minutes lower the heat to moderate.
- Cook for 6 to 7 minutes on each side or until thoroughly cooked. Turn them once only. To serve, place lettuce and sliced tomato on rolls, add burgers, drizzle each with sweet chilli sauce. then top with avocado and pine nuts.
- For something spicy try Tex Mex burgers. Add a 35g packet of taco seasoning and mix with the tomato sauce and parsley. Serve burgers with tortillas, shredded lettuce, grated tasty cheese, chopped tomato, and jalapeno chillies.
- To turn, gently ease a spatula under each burger to lift it from the heat, then carefully turn the burger with tongs.
- Burgers and rissoles should always be thoroughly cooked. They should not be served rare or pink. A good guide is to insert a skewer into the thickest part of the burger - you will see a little juice ooze out. If it is ready to eat the juices will be clear, not pinkish.