- Home page
- Looking for Aussome recipes?
- For the love of BBQ
- Barbecued butterflied lamb with Greek salad
Barbecued butterflied lamb with Greek salad
1 x 1.5kg Butterflied Lamb leg, trimmed
2 tbsp Soy
1 tbsp Tomato sauce
2 tbsp Maple syrup
1 tbsp White wine vinegar
1 x 250g Haloumi sliced
1 Small red onion, thinly sliced
1 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
2 Vine-ripened tomatoes, sliced
- Pre-heat a covered barbecue to hot. Trim the Lamb of any fat. Combine the soy, tomato sauce, maple syrup in a large dish, add the lamb and toss to coat.
- Barbecue for 5 min on each side, brushing with marinade. Close the lid of the barbecue and cook for 30 min for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- To make the Greek salad, brush the haloumi with 1 tbsp of remaining oil, heat a non stick frying pan over high heat, cook for 1 min each side or until golden. Arrange in a bowl with the onion, cucumber and tomato.
- Combine the remaining oil with balsamic and drizzle over the salad. Serve with the Lamb.